R1 agents and brokers are your friends, neighbors and community leaders. Together, we strive to improve the lives of those in need and to enhance the community as a whole through charity events and fundraising efforts.
As our company (and family) has grown, we’ve made it a priority to give back to others and the communities where we do business. Sharing our success not only helps us build relationships, but gives others a similar opportunity to succeed.
Together, we have reached heights we never imagined we would. As a family-owned business, we’ve worked tirelessly to make the family that is also our partners, our customers and our community a part of our success and a part of our impact on the communities we work and live in.
How Our Family Helps Others.
Real People. Real Success. One Family. These are the three pillars we embrace every day. As a real estate company, we understand how important the community is to our success.
Our founders, Mike and Jessica Taylor, built R1 as a company that helps others around them to be successful. Along with employees and friends, Mike and Jessica have continued to provide support for the communities around them.
Since our founding, we have supported organizations we truly believe will make a difference in our community. We host, plan and sponsor community events and are always looking to give back to the community as much as possible.
One of our longest-standing charity events is the R1 Charity Golf Classic. At this event, we invite everyone to play a round of golf to support a charitable cause. Each year, we pick two different charities to support. In 2021, we donated more than $26,000 to the New Mexico Friends of Foster Children and the La Plazita Institute. The New Mexico Friends of Foster Children supports New Mexico youth who need funding to have a normal childhood by giving them money for expenses. La Plazita Institute helps to engage with youth, elders, and communities to draw from their own roots and histories that will express core traditional values of respect, honor, love, and family.
If you are an organization that is looking for funding or believe that it will greatly impact our community, fill out the form below! (For more details on how to apply, click here)
The Notah Begay III (NB3) Foundation is a national, award-winning Native-led nonprofit leading the way to improve Native American children’s health. Each day, thousands of Native youth wake up facing significant health challenges and barriers to living full lives. The good news is that most are preventable and together we are changing this reality.
This new tour will give junior golfers access to high-quality tournaments throughout New Mexico and surrounding states. The Notah Begay III Junior Golf National Championship (NB3 JGNC) has added a new pathway to reach the National Championship which will be broadcast on Golf Channel. The NB3 JGNC is excited to announce the launch of the Notah Begay III Junior Golf Tour.
The R1 Charity Golf Classic is a golf tournament that supports local charities. This year, we supported the La Plazita Institute and New Mexico Friends of Foster Children. This golf tournament is hosted by R1 and is open to anyone who wants to support a good cause. Sign-up slots and sponsorship spots are available all year. Click here to apply for a volunteer spot or sponsorship spot.
The Make Merry Project is an annual holiday shopping event for parents and caregivers in the APS Title 1 Homeless McKinney Vento Program. Children ages 2-18 receive a new toy, book, and stocking stuffers. Caregivers receive a bus pass to attend, a personal shopper, gift wrap, refreshments, and holiday cheer providing much-needed love and support.
R1 Companies Charity Support Policy
- R1 Companies focuses support in four main categories of organizations:
- Children and Families
- Youth/College Golf
- Community Resources (like food/clothing banks, veterans’ services, minority access, and others)
- Economic Development
- R1 Companies has a limited annual budget for charity donations, and all requested are equally considered, but may not be supported.
- We are no longer accepting requests for 2021.
- All requests for the upcoming year (2022) are due by December 15, 2021.
- To apply, your non-profit organization must be able to provide three years of annual reports on impact and giving, along with appropriate financial documents.
- Due to overwhelming requests, R1 Companies is unable to support any local high school, little league, booster clubs, or the like.
- Due to our current initiatives, R1 Companies is unable to support any additional private/fundraising golf tournaments.
- Any awards of sponsorship will be made in Q1 of the requested year and paid according to schedule.
- Independent R1 Realty Brokerages, Brokers, or Agents may individually support organizations at their own discretion.